Monday, May 17, 2010

the narrow road depicted



I wish I could take credit for these incredible paintings:) But they were done by a child prodigy artist named Akiane who came to know God through dreams and visions at a very young age. She has some ridiculously prophetic and beautiful art that you should check out at www.artakiane.com/gallery.html

I had the idea one day that I wanted a picture to capture the things I wrote in my previous post about how we cannot come to God just any way that we want. We must align ourselves to the WAY that He tells us we must come to Him. I LOVE these pictures because they both depict a pathway into the heart of God and to the tree of life (the first painting is called "tree of life" and the second is called "firey heart of God") but there are other smaller or fractured pathways surrounding the main pathway. As Matthew 7:13-14 says, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." I want to be on the narrow road that is leading to God and eternal life (which is defined as knowing God in John).

No comments:

Post a Comment